The Global Big Latch On — Saturday August 5th, 2017
We’re on the map! During International World Breastfeeding Week, August 1-7 (this week!) the Lamoille Family Center and the Vermont Department of Health are partnering to host the 2017 Global Big Latch On. During this event, women and their children will gather together to breastfeed and offer peer-to-peer support. Friends, family, and community members are encouraged to join in this celebration to show their support for breastfeeding.
This free event will be held on Saturday, August 5th from 10:00-11:00 a.m. at Lamoille Family Center (480 Cady’s Falls Road, Morrisville, VT). Light refreshments and prizes will be provided. If you plan on attending, please RSVP to 888-5229 ext. 141.
The Global Big Latch On events aim to protect, promote and support breastfeeding families by:
- Providing support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide on-going breastfeeding support and promotion in local communities.
- Raising awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available locally and globally.
- Helping communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
- Making breastfeeding a normal part of day-to-day life at a local community level.
- Increasing support for women who breastfeed.
The Big Latch On has grown from two countries participating in 2010 to 28 countries participating in 2016. There could be over 18,000 participating breastfeeding women and children this year!
Please consider attending this community event. If you have questions, you can reach out to Carol Lang-Godin at the Lamoille Family Center 888-5229 x141. We hope to see you there!