Live Well Lamoille is a community collaboration. Folks throughout our community are contributing to share ideas, information, and perspective in hopes of building a healthier community.
So many factors contribute to “health.” Certainly it includes making sure you see your doctor and things like monitoring your weight and blood pressure. But there are many more things that can affect your health: a network of friends, clean water, access to nourishing food, housing, literacy, and an environment that encourages walking, to name just a few.
The idea for this blog came from a community meeting with people that represented all these different aspects that contribute to our health. So often the clinical aspect of healthy living is held separate from the more social aspects of healthy living. Why not create a shared space and invite our community to share in the dialogue?
And so Live Well Lamoille was created. Our bloggers include:
- Caleb Magoon, Power Play Sports and Waterbury Sports
- David Vinick, Copley Hospital
- Jessica Bickford, Healthy Lamoille Valley
- Leah Hollenberger, Copley Hospital
- Lisa Mugford, The North Central Vermont Recovery Center
- Lynda Marshall, Lamoille County Mental Health Services
- Mary L. Collins, Lamoille Home Health & Hospice and The Manor
- Michele Whitmore, Johnson State College
- Nancy Wagner, Copley Hospital
- Rorie Dunphey, Family Practice Associates – Cambridge
- Scott Johnson, Lamoille Family Center
- Steve Ames, Building Bright Futures
- Todd Thomas, Town of Morristown
- Tricia Follert, Town of Morristown
- Valerie Valcour, Department of Health in Morrisville
We hope you will find Live Well Lamoille a valuable resource for information, activities, and ideas to help you make healthy choices. And we hope you will join in the dialogue!