Copley Hospital’s Wellness Center has shared a list of upcoming runs/walks through June. If you are a runner or a walker, signing up for an event is a great way to stay motivated and/or reach your goals.
Not sure you’re ready for a 5K? Check out our training program for the Copley 5K or 1-Mile Health Walk.
June 4th – West River Trail Run, Londonderry
- An 11-mile run on dirt roads from Londonderry Depot to Jamaica State Park, which benefits local youth programs. www.thecollaborative.us/westrivertrailrun
June 4th – Colchester Causeway 5k/15k, Colchester
- Choose either a 5k or 15k. The race begins at Airport Park and follows a gravel trail out the historic Causeway before returning to the finish. www.colchestervt.gov
June 4th – Miles for Smiles, Stowe
- Come join friends, family and classmates to help support Stowe Elementary school programs and the financial assistance program through the Stowe Recreation Center. Sign up for the 1st Annual Miles for Smiles 5k and 1mile fun run.
June 11-12th – Green Mountain Relay, Jeffersonville.
- Teams of seven to 12 runners exchange relays for 200 miles from Jeffersonville to Bennington on Route 100. www.greenmountainrelay.com
June 11th – Fight for Air Climb, Bennington Battle Monument, Bennington
- Runners take to the stairs up the Battlefield Monument while raising funds for research and programs to help people affected by lung disease. www.lung.org
June 11th – 39th Annual Capital City Stampede 10k, Montpelier
- Runners race a flat and fast out-and-back course on half paved, half-dirt roads. Course is USATF-certified. www.cvrunners.org
June 12th – Remembrance Run and Ludington Mile, Morrisville
- Join us for the 11th Annual Remembrance Run on Sunday, June 12. There will be great prizes, great food, and great fun. Start your training now for the 5K run, or walk to benefit the scholarships for Trace, Sigrid, and Chris. There is also a kid’s 1-mile race. Visit remembrancerun.net to sign up.
June 12th – Equinox Trail Race 5k & 10k, Charlotte
- The Green Mountain Athletic Association hosts a pair of runs on trails through fields, single tract and old roads. www.gmaa.net
June 18th – 9th Annual Run for Empowerment, Burlington
- Run 10k, 5k, or walk a mile along the waterfront while raising funds for Women Helping Battered Women. www.whbw.org
June 19th – Worcester 4 Mile Challenge, Worcester
- Central Vermont Runners’s out-and-back race on dirt roads. www.cvrunners.org
June 24th – Sine Nomine, Vermont
- The Endurance Society’s secretive endurance challenge will be held in a rural location disclosed only to the entrants. www.endurancesociety.org
June 24th-26th – Coyote Scramble Trail Runs, East Burke
- Kingdom Trails hosts three days of trail runs with suggested distances for each day. Post-run activities include bowling and live music. www.coyotemoonultras.com
June 26th – Paul Mailman 10-miler, Montpelier
- The longest continually-held road race in central Vermont starts and finishes near Montpelier High School as part of the Central Vermont Runners and Onion River Sports Race Series. www.cvrunners.org
And just a reminder: Copley’s 5k Run/Walk for the Heart is set for October 1, the first Saturday in October, at Oxbow Park in Morrisville. It includes a one-mile Health Walk. Our course uses the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail and Oxbow Park. It’s a fun way to kick off Morristown’s Rocktoberfest! Registration is open at RunReg.com